Women often have got blood vessels meshes (spider veins) on their skin which resemble asterisks, called kuperoz. Until recently, this problem was treated by the cosmetologists, offering various options for kuperoz removal. Doctors believe that this is not just some kind of cosmetic defect, but a prognosis of varicose veins or underlying deep vein problems.
What do the vascular asterisks look like?
Externally, the telangiectasia look like a spider web or asterisks of cyanotic, crimson or red-violet colour. What many women consider to be a skin defect, in fact has quite serious causes, and late diagnosis can lead to complications and the development of more serious diseases.
By their appearance, all the asterisks can be divided into the following:
- Spots – can be of any color and combined with other external manifestations of vascular asterisks in any part of the body.
- Linear – they are of all shades of red, and appear mostly on the wings of the nose and cheeks. Less often they can be found on the lower limbs and inner thighs.
- Spider-shaped – in appearance they resemble spider’s legs, diverging in different directions from the body. Often similar telangiectasias fueled from small arteries and have a red color.
- Treelike – in appearance resemble the growth of the crown of trees, in color there are red or blue. The most popular localization is the hips and the lower legs.
Teleangiectasia in rare cases delivers to the patient discomfort or painful sensations.
The reasons for the appearance of telangiectasia are:
- Diseases of veins and chronic venous insufficiency.
- Hormonal imbalance and endocrine system diseases.
- Insufficiency of connective tissue (congenital or acquired).
- Disruption of the withdrawal of metabolites from the body in diseases of the liver.
- Pathology of the heart and blood vessels.
- Vitamin C hypovitaminosis, which increases the permeability of the vascular walls.
- Lifestyle with low motor activity or prolonged standing.
Methods for removing and treating vascular asterisks:
Currently, there are many ways to treat and to remove telangiectasia, but the main goal of all methods is to eliminate the dilated vessels and normalize the blood flow in them. The methods of correction of telangiectasia, their principle of action, advantages and disadvantages of each, as well as indications for use are described below.
- Sclerotherapy of vascular asterisks – the principle consists of the injecting a special drug (sclerosant) into the affected vessel, the drug gradually glues and seals the vessel. Immediately after the injection of sclerosant, the surface is tightly bandaged with an elastic bandage or with the compression underwear. The main area of application is the dilatation of the veins of the lower limbs. The course of procedures depends on the extent of the damage. The disadvantage of this method is that it does not remove capillaries due to their small diameter, as well as asterisks on the face, arms and neck. The advantage is the low traumatism and easy tolerability of the operation.
- The use of electrocoagulation – the principle consists in the action of an electric current with specified parameters on the affected vessels. Removal of the spider veins on the face with electrocoagulation is not recommended. The main reason – coagulation of blood vessels and cauterization of healthy tissues along with patients can eventually cause the appearance of scars, pigment spots and marks. For the removal of telangiectasia by this method only one procedure is enough.
- High Frequency Talangiectasia (spider veins) removal with the device “Surgitron”. It is used to remove vascular asterisks on the face and open parts of the body, as coagulation passes without contact with the skin. The advantage of this technology is that it is atraumatic, does not cause side effects in the form of edema and scarring. Disadvantage – by this method only a small amount of telangiectasia of capillary origin can be removed.
- Removal of vascular asterisks by laser or laser photocoagulation. This method is often used in cosmetology for removal of vascular asterisks on the face and other areas of the body. The principle consists in the absorption of the energy of the laser beam by the walls of the vessels, their heating and sealing. The dvantages of the metod include a good cosmetic effect, speed and lack of contact with healthy tissues. The disadvantage is that the area of the laser beam is often 3 mm or more, and the size of the spider stars usually does not exceed 1 mm.
- Ozonotherapy of vascular asterisks is based on the introduction into the vessels of an ozone-oxygen mixture with a high ozone content. A mixture with ozone has the ability to trigger oxidative processes in vessels.